Friday, October 24, 2008

Some Politics

Yesterday was the last debate for the elections in November. Actually politics here in the island is like the national sport, everyone is watching and fighting and speaking their opinions, pretty laughable to be honest. Specially because of all the gossips and rumors that occurs throughout the years, and more so in the last days before the election.

The corruption in the government is huge here, and there have been numerous cases and arrest on people stealing money and doing shady things. Even the actual Governor (he is also trying to get reelected) have an accusation of over 20 cases of illegal use money for his last campaign, and now the wife of one of the other candidates (we have 4, yes FOUR) is accused of something else.

WTF!! anyway is always fun to hear how they tear each other apart. The two big favorites just ignore the other two and they focus the debate in insulting each other. At one point I was sure one was ready to hit the other one (Saying things like liar, coward because he is attacking his wife), but I wasn't that lucky and that didn't happened.

I have no idea whats gonna happen, they should get in the Octagon and get the thing over with......

Speaking of Octagon, tomorrow is the UFC 90 Silva vs Cote. Of course Anderson "The spider" Silva or as I like to call him the Brazilian Ninja is the best pound for pound fighter right now (GSP should be included there also imo) and I expect him to beat "The Predator", but the other fight is going to be really really interesting. Josh Koscheck got a short notice call to replace an injured Diego Sanchez to fight against Thiago Alves (Josh was schedule to fight Yoshida in december, and decided to fight both fight "Gutsy and stupid at the same time", but you have to admire that). Both are super strong and athletic and the fight on paper looks very promising....

Still not sure If I'm paying the PPV, so not sure if I'm gona watch, but I'm thinking about it.

1 comment:

Razboynik said...

Sounds a lot like Russian politics,
completely corrupt.