Sunday, December 30, 2007

UFC 79- Nemesis

So yesterday was the UFC 79 fight on pay per view. I was on a wedding so I couldnt see it live but I Tivoed and watched it this morning. Main fights where Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell and Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer"Silva and George "Rush" StPierre vs Matt Hughes.
Both where good fights, The Lidell/Silva fight was one that a lot of fans where waiting for a long time. Lidell being a long time UFC champion and Silva his equivalent (Champ for 5years) on Pride, both came from losses so it was do or die for them. This guys train like maniacs I watched Silva's training and is something out of this world. He trains with a snorkle to impide his breathing and then after all his hard work he jumps in a pool of Ice "Ouch". The style of both is pretty exiting, and the fight was gonna end up most likely in a knock out. However it didnt, even thou it was a good match and Lidell rocked Silva a couple of times it went to the scorecards and Chuck Lidell ended up the victor.
The main event was a good match also, but It was a total domination by Georges St-Pierre. In my opinion this guy is the most athletic and talented man in MMA . He's got great stand up and excelent takedown defense, and on the ground he is also pretty damn good. Dominating someone like Hughes (with his All American wrestling background) on the ground and submit him in the second round like he did is pretty spectacular. At the end of the second round he went for a kamura, and triangle choke, and when Hughes tried to counter he made an excelent transition to a armbar where he got it pretty deep and force Hughes to verbally tapout or his arm would have been broken.

Yesterday I played a little online HU and 6max deep and got back $250 from the loss of the other day. And later today I have a big tournament live at the casino so lets see how I do. Couldnt play Golf today cause of the rain, so I'll have to wait till thursday.

No comments: