Friday, May 1, 2009

Times up!

So where do I start?? mmmmm.... I guess from the beginning.

I didn't got the call from the bank the day before so the first thing I did when I got to the office was to call the bank.

9:00am
Luckily I could talk to the girl in charge of my case, but she had a little surprise for me. She said that I need to send them a bunch of information to process the case.

WTF, I already sent everything.... and kind of smelled that something was wrong, but whatever I'm gonna do everything in my power to get this loan so I made the list of everything.

I currently live in my apartment and was planning on selling/renting after I move to the new house. However the people from the bank wanted the rent contract to be sure that I can still pay the mortgage (very understandable) so I got my lawyer and we made a contract and the company will rent it. Ok, now they wanted the evidence that I deposit the check for the rent, so I had to make a check and go to the bank and make the deposit.

But that wasn't all. They wanted a written letter saying why I wanted the house if I have an apartment (Pretty stupid), also another letter stating where did I get a X money in my account (It was the money for the wedding from my parents) and a letter of them explaining that. Also evidence on where did they got that money (now is getting ridiculous). Also they wanted a copy of my Social Security card (WTF didn't they ask for that before??) also my recent account statements from my two banks, and the new evidence of how much I win monthly in my work (The last two month). Also they wanted me to send (AGAIN) the rent contract, adding a date number.

Ok now I was on tilt, but whatever, I went to my house (Had to cancel 2 interviews at the office to make this) and got my social security card, and the rent contract then went to the bank and waited on line for a long time (the 30th not the best day to go to the bank) after I did all that crap I got to the office again.

11:00am
I called the bank to be sure they received everything, and got no answer.
11:15am
Called again, no answer
12:00pm
Kept calling until I got an answer, but not from the person in charge of my case. I asked if they received everything, and the secretary said she did. (The person in charge was by her side, and didn't took the phone).

After I got back from lunch I kept calling to see the status, every 15min and left a bunch of messages until it was 5:00pm

5:00pm
I went to my home without news, and talked with my fiance about what happened. This was the lowest point of the day, cause I felt that I failed her. She deserves everything and I really wanted to have that great home for us, but it seems that I wasn't gonna close today. Even got some tears in my eyes, and I'm not the crying type. Anyway, I started to accept that it wasn't gonna happened and I couldn't do anything to change it.

5:45pm
Finally got a called from the bank (So this isn't over?), and now they told me that I need it to send again the account statement, but from the month before (This is a joke right??). Well by now I didn't care anymore cause I don't have a fax in my home so I can't send them shit. But still made a printscreen of my bank accounts and send it. She told me she would call in 5min. That was the last time I heard from her.

So of course This isn't gonna happen today, but my stress level was super high and jumped every time my phone rang.

9:00pm
Now I got a call from the guy in charge of the property. He asked me If the people at the bank called me and I told him what happened. Also told him what I was thinking about how they didn't seem to eager to close the loan. He said he was gonna talk to the big guy and maybe get an extension of the offer, but asked me to be ready just in case he called me later that night and I go to the bank in my PJ's and we could close. That meant that I couldn't sleep, and today I had to wake up early to go to the laboratory and take some blood for analysis and take my car to the service, so not the best day either.

So right now there is no house and I have to wait and see if a miracle happen (Not very likely). I think all in all was a publicity stunt to get people exited to see that house and then crush their dreams. It makes me mad, but at least I did my best, I'm very confident that everything will end up just fine, they just lost a big client.

3 comments:

John Dodd said...

Alex, i worked in banking for 5 years and you should never have to put up with a hassle like this. I don't know who your lender is but I wouldn't do business with them again. When you apply for a mortgage they should give you a checklist of everything that you need and then it should NOT take more than a week to tell you if you are approved or not. Especially now with the recession these people should be dying to do good loans.

Try not to get emotionally attached to one house. i live in my "dream house" right now but the new wore off after about a month and now it's just a place to sleep. Owning your own home is great long-term for taxes and appreciation. If you don't get this house there are many more out there. This is the best time ever to buy a house. Good luck. John hobiejuan1

Alex said...

Thanks for your comments John.

Agreed completely with everything you said.

James P McAteer said...

Sorry to hear this. What a great place too. But you never know maybe it will work out fine. GL