This past week I've been contemplating the idea of starting to make some cookies again. I haven't made one since the beginning of september which is a long time for me. Anyway, I wanted to add a twist and make the cookie from scratch, but make it a healthy cookie and include some protein in it so that my wife can eat them too and benefit from it (her diet right now lacks proteins and I thought that could help her since she doesn't like to drink protein shakes).
So I bought all the ingredients after some research and watch numerous recipes and videos on how to make cookies and even read in forums what was the best way to do them. My goal was to eventually be really good in making this kind of cookies. Yesterday I finally made my first batch, and my wife helped a lot with the ingredients and organizing everything so that I didn't break the kitchen.
After everything was said and done I found out two things, that making cookies is a tough science, and that I suck at chemistry. When the person you love the most try something you just worked hard to cook, and then spit it out and didn't even finish the first bite and then burst into laughter, that's when you know you have failed miserably. I can eat them of course, but I guess I'm biased cause they are my little children. I just created a lot of healthy little rocks that no one will touch.
So for now, I don't think I will be doing anymore of those (from scratch) cookies and maybe even buy one of those ready to make mix from betty crocker and just cooked them for me using apple sauce instead of butter and hopefully I can enjoy those. Then later I can start improvising again with the protein, but I don't think I will too much since I don't want to waist my precious powder.
First blog post
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment