Thursday, March 11, 2010

Gaining weight

Last weekend I got tempted by the darkside and ended up getting some of those nasty little devil desserts. Thats right, I ate one of those delicious Deep Dish Sundae (around 700 calories of pure joy and sugar) from Uno Chicago Grill. It has a grade of D in my Eat this not that application for my iphone but I don't care, cause I weighted 152lb earlier that morning. Needless to say it has such a bad grade for a reason, by the next two days I was weighting 158lb ouch!!!

Of course is not like I gain all those pounds of fat, cause part of it was that for some reason after I eat something like that my body kind of get lost and I can't go to the bathroom enough. In other words I think I was literally full of shit. Anyway I keep working hard so I'm at 155 again. Is never fun to gain weight when is from fat, but my goal is to gain like 5-6 pounds of muscle in the next couple of months and maintain a low body fat % (my goal is 3% body fat).

Another thing is that I want to help my wife gain some muscle mass too. In her case I think she can gain up to 12lb. The hardest part is going to be the nutrition, cause she doesn't take enough protein in her diet. Also in terms of workout she is starting to push it harder and that should help her. Usually with women is kind of hard cause they don't want to look to masculine, but that won't be the case, check out this link for this article about the 7 myths of women weight training.

In terms of supplements I just bought some Optimum Nutrition stuff (best protein in the market). I've never tried creatine, but I've been reading enough to feel confident about how it can help me improve my workouts, also my experience with ON's products is great and read good things about their micronized creatine so I'm gonna give it a try.

2 comments:

James P McAteer said...

Hey Alex. Creatine is the nuts! It definitely gives me a lot of energy every time I tried it. Especially when going on a weight gain routine. It really helped to get stronger fast.

I also never followed the advice about loading up when you first start using it. I just took a couple of scoops a day and it worked.

The only downside I noticed was that it can makes you carry extra water. But that goes quickly when you stop using it.

GL

Alex said...

I won't be doing the loading phase either.

Thanks for the advise.....