Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lets go to the beach

Yesterday was the day we where gonna test the boat to see if it was fixed and maybe go to a ride to one of my favorite beach on the island. Its actually a small island that is a town of Puerto Rico but that beach in particular you can only access it if you own a boat.

So anyway we where ready and decided to take with us the guy that work for us taking care of the boat in case anything happens. He testdrive it the day before without problems so hopefully everything will be fine. Ehhh.... OF course not.... once we get out about 30miles of the coast one of the engines wasn't responding how it should and we had to go back to see if there was some sort of sensor that wasn't making good contact. We then tried again and again didn't work, so we ended up going to a smaller island that is closer and get that thing fixed later on the week. Initially we where gonna stay one night in the boat at one of the islands, but its just better to just be safe and not do anything stupid so we came back.

Anyway we did had a good time and later went to one of my parents apartments and had a good meal and conversation. I even found out about some family things that I had no idea.

In poker, I was doing pretty good for the month and then had one of those sessions when you know nothing will happen for you. I usually recognize this sessions and try to quit as fast as I can. Bad thing is that I didn't quit when I was losing $2,000 and ended losing close to $7,000. Always hurt to lose that much in a single day, specially cause I was doing so well (Maybe that was one of the reasons I couldn't stop in time). I'm still in the green winning like $6k or so and thats the important part, I'm sure I can bounce back from that stupid day and keep improving.

No comments: