Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'm pretty good beating up regs HU

Yesterday I started a video on how to exploit regulars playing HU. Unfortunately the voice didn't get to record so I got pissed and deleted it. I will do another one in the future. So today I started playing a little more HU, cause my PT database is kind of big and was very very slow in getting the stats and I wanted to be disciplined when table selecting so decide to play HU. I also wanted to play some 200nl HU to see how was the level of play vs a regular, I usually play 6max so this was a first for me in a long time at this level. I did a pretty decent job and got lucky with my cards and ended up winning a couple of buy ins.

Then on my second session of the day I played a little bit more HU 100nl and again crushed the regs hehehe, I got a couple of them very much on tilt where they started calling my 3bets with 83s. Also had the chance to incorporate what I just learn in the last video on leggopoker HU 5000nl using the minraise strategy against someone that 3bets almost 100% of the time, that took him off balanced, but then started raising big to 14bb. I guessed he really hated my gut, and offer me to keep playing later on, I would have loved to but I have to call my girl now hehehe. At the end of the day I ended up winning $700 so thats pretty good and I'm very happy with my play HU (6max haven't had the results I wanted but still).

Now its time for some quotes:

UNLEASHING YOUR GENIUS

"Buried deep within each of us is a spark of greatness, a spark than can be fanned into flames of passion and achievement. That spark is not outside of you it is born deep within you." -- James A. Ray

"There isn't a ruler, a yard stick or a measuring tape in the entire world long enough to compute the STRENGTH and capabilities inside you." -- Paul Meyer

"An attitude of calm, confident expectation activates your creativity and unlocks your mental powers." -- Brian Tracy

"Genius is there in all of us, just waiting for us to tap into it." --Robert R. Toth

We all have what it takes, its a matter of discipline and effort to get there.... so I will be doing my best..... good luck with your cards and win all the races.

3 comments:

Matt said...

sick, sounds like HU is the place to be for ya.

Prob

John said...

I like the quotes you add to your blogs, Alex. You should make it a part of your blog on a once, or twice a week basis. They're very motivating.

Alex said...

Thanks whodat, I will put more of those quotes.