Tuesday, March 18, 2008

First lesson.... How was it??

Well...... Greg sent us a email that he was having problems with his usual site to do the meeting, and he was gonna sent us an email of the details of where would it be. The lesson would start at 8pm, and I was ready to rumble watching my inbox waiting for the email like a kid waiting for santa. Then it was 8pm, 8:15, 8:30.... I started to think that maybe there was a change in the hour or standard time zone, and tried to contact a couple of players that where gonna be part of it also. I had no luck so I checked my spam mail again, and ahaaaaaaaaaaa there it is.... I got like 20spam mails before Greg's email and didn't saw it the first time I check (Also it was very strange cause I did got all his other messages without problems).

Anyway I went to the site and download the software, installed it and run it. ERrrrrrrr.... an error WTF!!!! I couldn't create a username... I went to the FAQ and didn't find anything for like 15min, its 9pm already and the lesson should be over, but I won't give up (I just burned money and am in monkey tilt). Finally I did it, and they where still in the meeting so I could at least be part of it for a little bit. Anyway I missed most of the lesson, but thanks to Andy (Razboynik from the Leggoforums) that gave me his notes so that I at least have an idea of the discussion of the quiz. I actually didn't do that badly, and answer most of the questions right so thats a good start.

Hope I don't miss the next one hehehe.....

So enough about that, and lets put up a hand from the other day.
I like this hand, cause I played it differently and had a plan from the get go and got maximum value from my KK.

SB: $101
BB: $244.85
UTG: $100
MP: $51.60
CO: $132.10
Hero (BTN): $114.10
Pre-Flop: K K dealt to Hero (BTN)
Lex's read: Villain was a regular multitabler, so his range preflop is super wide and if I 3bet him for sure he is going to fold, also the blinds where kind of aggro, so I was expecting a squeeze and thats why I decide to slowplay preflop.
2 folds, CO raises to $3.50, Hero calls $3.50, 2 folds
Flop: ($8.50) 4 2 4 (2 Players)
Lex's read: Now that flop is nothing out of the ordinary, but villain decides to check. He make continuation bets like 75% of the time so I was pretty sure he missed that flop completely. If he had any pair he was gonna bet, and if he had the flushdraw he was gonna bet, so I didn't care about the flushdraw and decided to get tricky and check behind putting him on two overcards and probably just drawing to 3 outs.
CO checks, Hero checks
Turn: ($8.50) 3 (2 Players)
Lex's read: That turn card is a blank, I wanted to let him hit a Q/J/T or something like it, but I have to bet when he checks. I decided to bet $7 into $8.50 to try and represent a steal once he is giving up.
CO checks, Hero bets $7, CO calls $7
River: ($22.50) 6 (2 Players)
Lex's read: River is another blank and he checks once again, for sure now he has nothing, but he may call me with ace high or something like that, specially cause he may think that I would bet that flop with the flushdraw if I had a small pocket pair, and now I'm probably trying to steal cause I can't win with my T high or whatever. So how much can I bet?? I think that a big bet could look suspicius and he may think my range is polarized to a FullHouse or bluff, so I did bet $18 into $22.50 and he called me with AJs for Ace high.
CO checks, Hero bets $18, CO calls $18

Ship it!!

No comments: