I've been trying to play only in good tables and that may be another reason of why I'm not playing as much. If my table dynamics change and is no longer a good table, then I look for another one and so on. I also have to make a couple of adjustments against the very weak players, but have manage to do them pretty quickly.
I'm still not playing my best, but I have been able to make some good reads and plays.
Here's the play of the week:
Saint-Saga: $26.70
miacopla: $65.85
Lex 79: $100.00
pushing4anal: $108.85
txphi0017: $64.55
Preflop: Lex 79 is dealt K
A
(5 Players)Lex 79 raises to $3.50, pushing4anal folds, txphi0017 calls $3.50, 2 folds
Flop: ($8.50) 5
Q
3
(2 Players)Lex's read: Villain is a big fish who likes to float a lot (His stats in 1k hands is 50% call cb), but still I thought this was a good flop to make a continuation bet, and I was probably ahead anyway so I bet.
Lex 79 bets $6.75, txphi0017 calls $6.75
Turn: ($22) 5
(2 Players)Lex's read: Now I dont have anything, and actually was giving up on the hand if he bets. He didnt.
Lex 79 checks, txphi0017 checks
River: ($22) 8
(2 Players)Lex's read: That card completes the flush, so if he had the draw he just got there. After he checks the turn I dont think he has a Queen in his hand (He would have bet with one) and put him on some kind of straightdraw, flushdraw or two overcards like KJ or AJ etc. So it was very likely it was gonna be checked down for a showdown and my Ace high could be the best hand. So I check.
Lex 79 checks, txphi0017 bets $18.00,
Lex's read: Now he bets $18 wich is a bigbet. I really didnt think he had the queen, and thought that if he had a pair like 99 or something like it, he wouldnt have bet that river. Also the diamond is a scarecard and he may want to bet it. So in my view it was a flush or a bluff. I hit the time button and thought again on the hand, and looked at his stats again and noticed that his aggression on the river was fairly high, I know that this is a move that a lot of fishes like to make, so I dicided to call with Ace high.
Lex 79 calls $18.00
Pot Size: $58.00 ($2.90 Rake)
txphi0017 had 7
6
([7s 6s] a pair of Fives) and LOST (-$28.25)Lex 79 had K
A
(a pair of Fives) and WON (+$26.85)Ship it!!!
This hand I think is a good example of something Brian Townsend once said, about how a great player can make good calldowns/laydowns. In the past hand, a lot of people can say "I only have Ace high and fold", in the same scenario if the same person actually had JJ or TT for example, a lot of them make the call thinking that villain either have the flush or is bluffing using the same kind of read I used. Most people only make the call with the JJ/TT type of hands, but In reality is the same situation. Great players calls equally in both cases, they trust their reads and execute. To be honest I dont always execute, but I felt really good when I did in this hand and saw that my read was spot on.
No comments:
Post a Comment