Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Some Tennis

This past weekend was the Final of the Australian Open and again Roger Federer won. This was his 4th Australian Open title and 16 Grandslam in total.

So of course after watching the Federer Express do his thing I was ready to play some tennis with some of the guys from the league. I only knew 2 of them and they probably where the best 2 of of the group that went to play. The better players of the team didn't practice so I guess I would have to wait to see how they play. Anyway we played some doubles and changed teams twice and played like 5 sets. I ended up playing decently well, specially on my serve, and at the end of the day I won all my games so that is good for the confidence. I need to keep practicing my return, cause my timing was a little off, however I know things will click for me once I start hitting more balls.

In Jiu Jitsu this friday and saturday I had the honor to train with Jiu Jitsu legend Carlson Gracie Jr. It was a great experience to learn from such a guy, specially cause he is really humble and really enjoys teaching (which he does pretty well). Anyway he was visiting the island cause now our school would be a Carlson Gracie school. Our teacher wants to brings things to the next level and that is one of the steps to improve the school and get us better training.

In other news my sister that is coaching the UPR girls' swimming team got a nice sponsorship from Nike for the team and everyone was pumped and ready to train. So congrats to her in that achievement since is the first team Nike is sponsoring in Puerto Rico.

No comments: