It was really nice atmosphere and I had the best seat to watch the ppv so everything was perfect. In terms of the UFC event, well I just played a little tighter whenever there was a fight that I was interested in seeing and pretty much saw everything really good (minus the commentary so I didn't missed that much).
In terms of poker, well the table was full of weaker players and a couple of recognizable faces that I have played before. Initially I wanted to play really loose and aggressive, but with 3 short-stacks to my left it was really hard to do.
Here are the most interesting hands of the night:
Hand 1:
I have JTo and open raise from middle/late position got two caller. Flop comes KQx It got checked to me and I check behind. The turn is a blank and goes check/check and I bet, got one caller. The river is a 7, no draw hit and I said "Fifty" as the amount of my bet, however I didn't recognize that he haven't acted yet and I was in position so I was out of line and he bets $25. They told me that my bet stays and at least I had to pay those $25 or I could raise to $50. I ask the dealer, "I can raise more right??" and he replied that yes I could so knowing that I had air with Jack high so I decided to raise to $85 and he folded uff.....
Hand 2:
Another strange thing happened now against the big fish. I raised pretty big after some limpers with KJs and got only one caller (Super Fish in the house). Flop comes something like 385r I made my continuation bet he calls, turn is a blank and we both check (I knew he would float me a lot, but he didn't had enough money for 3 barrels so I decided that I can make him fold the river if I bet big). The river is another blank and before anything happens the fish turns over his hand and shows KQo. The dealer said that his hand was dead, but they call the floor anyway and the floor man said that it was still alive, but that I can bet if I wanted to. Of course now it sucks cause a big bet looks super suspicious and a small bet would likely get called. There where like $155 in the pot so I decided to look as if I wanted a call with a kind of small bet of like $55. He called me and won the pot with his Kingh high with better kicker. ARGH!! stupid fish
Hand 3:
Against the same fish now he had a pretty big stack and had me cover. One of the better players with a full stack raised from Middle position, big fish called and I picked up a pair of Tens in the Small blind. I didn't wanted to play it out of position so I reraised him pretty big (almost 5x his raise) knowing that this can also be a isolation raise for the big fish. The reg folded and the big fish called. Flop came Q high with a flush draw and I cbet he calls ( I know he is floating me with a ton of junk so in my mind I had the best hand), turn comes a small card and I bet again and he calls once more. The river is a blank and I decided to check. He thinks for like 5 seconds and bets like $100 which was pretty small for the pot and I kind of remember that on the flop he didn't look like the Queen hit his hand so I stayed with my read and made the hero call. He turns over AK and I shipped the nice pot.
Ok so it wasn't that big of a play, but it really felt good to left the fish with so little chips. I ended up almost +$400 for the night and got to watch some fights for free so overall was a nice night and will probably go again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment