Thursday, November 5, 2009

The double float

Ok, this may look like a FPS type of play, because it usually is. However there are times that we can make these type of moves and have a very high percentage to win. You can usually use this type of moves on power boards (K42r type, in other words One high card and two low cards combination) more often than others, cause their range is more polarize. What you do is that you doable float him in position, and then on the river if he checks he is going to fold like 90% of the time.

In this particular case I already knew more about his game and have a good read so I decided to applied the same principle.

Lets see this example:



Of course I could just fold the flop check/raise cause I have no hand no draw, but there is no fun in that. He is bluffing with the best hand, and I know this, but felt he was going to give up on the turn or river if he had air. I knew he was bluffing cause he was 3betting me a lot and saw him 3betting hands like KT so when he reraises I know he doesn't have a set or two pair and only draw that was going to scare me was the open ended. And even if he improves to one pair, It was gonna be 3rd pair and I could bluff him by shoving on the river anyway.

So I piled one to see how he react and by the river I knew he was even more Full of shit than me. Well maybe not more than me... but you know what I mean.

This was an extreme example and its never good to make this type of moves with no equity at all, but it helps to explain the concept. Another good thing that this hand ilustrate is that, is never good to just insta fold hands, and it helps to think of his range every single time so that your brain get used to put him on ranges.... and when you have him on a specific solid range with your read, your hand doesn't even matter.

1 comment:

Razboynik said...

Brave play.
Very player dependent imo.