Thursday, June 18, 2009

I suck at videogames

Last weekend I decided to buy a couple of Xbox 360 games to start playing and maybe let my brain rest from poker for a little while. Sometimes I do feel kind of exhausted after all the psychological battles and trying to improve and I'm feeling a little burned out. Even worst is that I'm still pretty much getting powned by the Poker Gods and in my worst downswing ever. Feel busto for sure, and will take me a while to get it back, but I know is possible (Been there done that).

Anyway I bought some used games (Cause I'm in a downswing and can't buy them new) and started playing Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I haven't played games in a while so first thing it came to my mind is that I suck too much. I couldn't control the stupid guy and felt crappy old with my reflexes and all that. However I'm getting use to the controlers now and been playing better. The good thing about this is that even if I have a losing session (Had like 7 in a row now) I don't spend the rest of the day on tilt, cause I can focus my energy in other things.

These last couple of weeks have been really tough on my job, with me having to fired one lady and putting another in probatory and then found out about another one stealing so I'm making the letter and her liquidation check to fire her on monday. Also the next week will be tough cause I'm getting ready to hear the people complain a bout a bunch of things so I need a lot of patience and can't play too much poker in these conditions, unless I just want to give all my bankroll to some donks.

I'm thinking that putting pressure on myself and my poker results is always gonna be hurting me, so now I consider myself a recreational player who happens to know a little about the game and like to improve and make money.

1 comment:

James P McAteer said...

Sounds like a sensible approach to take a back seat until business settles down. The games will still be there when you are ready to play again. GL