I went to the casino on Friday and won 1/2 buy in for $225 and I'm up for the month +$600 in 4 days (had one -$300 session), but now my plans have changed. So why would I change a good plan that will keep me in schedule to get to my monthly goal of winnings at the casino? Very easy... Dreaming!!
My brother played a $3 tournament on fulltilt. It was a 800 field, but with re-buys it turned into close to 2,000. He didn't do any re-buys or Add ons and got to the final table finishing 2nd for a payday of $1120 bucks! so he turned those $3 into +$1000 thats great. That alone got me checking out the tournaments to see which one I can play and try to make it deep for a good payday.
Of course the FTOPS are running and the Main Event is 2million guarantee (holly...) That means that getting in the money or in the first 500 I can win +$700. So time for some satellites, I first tried a super satellite to qualify to another satellite which 100 seats where gonna go in I didn't make it so I went out to the movies with my girlfriend and when I came back I tried again. This time I saw a 2,500 FTP tournament that the first 72 get the seat. I've got a couple of Fulltilt points so I don't care is a big field lets do it. I entered.
The field was 3,577 players and I needed to build a good stack early so that I can relax if I get deep. I did managed to be in the first 200 when there was still like 2k people left so I was in good shape. Down to 1,000 player in the tournament was key, there are a couple of big stacks with 20k-30k when the average is close to 8k so those are the targets. Strategy is stealing blinds cause at this time a lot of people think they got this under control, but in reality is anybody's game. So I was stealing blinds and antes and attacking the average stacks.
There are 3 things you have to do if you wanna get deep in a tournament. One is you have to win races, also you have to steal lots of blinds, and finally you have to give bad beats. So besides another bad beat with AK (early on the tournament vs AA ) this was the hand of the tournament (We are now "deeper" and getting close to the money like 200 people left). villain was one of the targets of my steals and he certainly noticed it so he was starting to steal my blinds more often. I can eliminate him so I don't think he can call without his premiums hands. I didn't think he had AA cause he raise big so worst case scenario I'm a 30% dog and for sure he folds hands like AQ and pairs.
Pre-Flop: (3,150) A
J
dealt to Hero (BB)5 folds, CO raises to 5,550, 2 folds, Hero raises to 32,555 and is All-In, CO calls 21,675 and is All-In
Flop: (56,400) 4
9
K
(2 Players - 1 is All-In)Turn: (56,400) J
(2 Players - 1 is All-In)River: (56,400) J
(2 Players - 1 is All-In)Results: 56,400 Pot
Hero showed A
J
(three of a kind, Jacks) and WON 56,400 (+29,025 NET)CO showed A
K
(two pair, Kings and Jacks) and LOST (-27,375 NET)So I ended up in a really bad spot and manage to win. Rigged obviously, but I don't care I lost the other qualifier when I trap with KK limping behind 3 limpers and a decent stack went all in with 88 and hit his 8 on the river so I had to give a bad beat to someone.
After that I was in the top ten in the tournament only need it to outlast like 200 people so I just tried not to do anything stupid and let the shortstacks die with those killer blinds.
So I will be playing the FTOPS Main Event and lets see how it goes.
Good luck
No comments:
Post a Comment