Sunday, February 10, 2008

LuckBox!

Its so beautiful when everything goes your way. Yesterday I played at the casino and had a nice heater! First hand I sat down and posted I got Aces and decided to played them slow and just checked, three people limped and one of the blinds went All in with his last $30. Again I decided to slow play again and just called and got two more callers. Flop came King high I bet $75 into a $100 pot and got one caller, turn was a T that made a flush which I didn't really like so we went check check, and river was another Ace that made me top set, so now I'm pretty sure I'm ahead so I bet $200 and got called with KQ. In less than two orbits I was dealt AA, KK, JJ, AK, AQ. Got aces twice in the night and no bad beats.
My brother also ran pretty good getting Aces also twice and a big sucked out 99 vs KK where the flop came King high and he got runner runner flush. He finished the session +$780 and I ended up +$520 in only 2.5 hours which is excellent.

I always tell to myself that I need only one good run in a big tournament. People like Jerry Yang and Jamie Gold got super lucky in the main event and now are millionaires. I just want a big run pleassseeeee!!

Also in cash even the greats have get there because of luck. Sbrugby and JMan/OMGClayAiken are two of the best online players and they even accept that they had a good run to get where they are.

But nothing come close to what happened last month. Some guy deposit $500 on fulltilt and in a week basically turned it into $78,000. Here is the graph.
Thats just sick. He kept climbing up stakes and was running like god at OMAHA. So lets see how much luck was involved?? PokerEV time!
So what the hell this means?? It means he is a decent player and should have been up like 10k with those cards in those situations which by itself is running pretty good, however the Pokergods where having a blast so they decide to let him get to 86k.



So how did it all end? He was actually writing in the forums and got a lot of railbirds in high stakes where a lot where saying "QUIT QUIT QUIT" and other where saying "Thunderdome!!!!!" lol Well he lost a couple of thousands playing nosebleed and cashed out 50k and left himself a bankroll of like 8k. The funny thing is that this isn't the first for him, last year same thing happened and he climb his account to 110k thats unfair! but thats Poker!

No comments: