Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Finally!

The day before yesterday we received a letter saying that my petition for my wife's status as a resident in the US was approved so she got her green card. After our interview last year she was a little upset and nervous cause she didn't know how it went, but I was confident everything would have turned out great. I'm very happy about it and now she can rest a little bit better.

Fitness
I haven't been able to do the full P90x program, but have maintain most of the work out, only missing the days I go to BJJ. So I'm still doing the strength days. I'm feeling stronger, specially cause now I'm doing 20 reps per set in my pull ups work out (Thats more than double the reps I did when started and over 120 pull ups total), but I'm missing the cardio work out.

The problem with that is that I'm getting tired when sparring in BJJ and once I get to that point I let myself n bad positions and is no fun having a +200lbs guys crushing my skull. So I'm looking for ways to improve my stamina and one thing I might do is to take a break from the P90x and start swimming 3 days a week plus some weight training so that I don't lose muscle. My sister is the coach of the University of Puerto Rico girls' swimming team so she can help me in that department.

In Poker
I haven't played any poker online, but yesterday played some Heads up against my brother and this was the hand of the day:
We where playing 200bb deep I raised 3x with AJo and he called, flop comes K5Tr he donks into me for 1/2 pot I float turn comes another Ten and brings a flush draw he checks I checks behind and river comes another 5 (flush missed). Board reads K5TT5 He bets 1/2 pot and I knew I had the best hand with my Ace high, but might get a call if he thinks we are splitting so I raised him 3x times his bet he tanks a little and shove over my raise. I hero called and shipped the pot hehehe.

No comments: