The other day I had a terrible day playing poker. I went on tilt and tried to play thru it to see if I can mantain a good level and to practice controlling my emotions. I did a pretty bad job at it, it got a lot worse when I tried something I used to do when I began playing (a BIG NO NO). I played a higher limit to see if i can get what I loss back, I'm such an idiot!! well of course I got a couple of insta badbeats and coolers and ended loosing most of my bankroll OUCH!! I kind of loss the respect of the money at the table and played pretty badly. After that I just didnt wanted to play too much poker, so I've been playing here and there just a little. Then I went to the casino wich was probably a bad idea also, cause we just started working again at the office and it has been a very stressfull week. I misplayed a hand where I flopped a flushdraw with two overs and a gutshot and didnt played it aggressively on the flop just called and when I hit my King high flushdraw I was dead in the water vs the nutflush on the river and he went allin on me, wich was a minraise basically and I couldnt fold at that point. That got me on tilt again and ended up loosing $625 on that day.
However that was last week, yesterday I went again to the casino for the 3rd time this month (wich is very low for what I wanted to do, but cause of the tilt I guess is not that bad). Things where pretty good and I ended up winning $820 on the session so I'm still up $900 for the month. The best hand was when I flopped top set on a 456 board with a flush draw, first player bet second called I raised , then got reraised, then reraised, then I push and it was a 4way allin party! None of the villians had a fullstack so theres no way I'm folding top set in that spot.
I had 66 for top set, one villian had A7 for a straightdraw and picked up a flushdraw, other had 64 for two pair, and the last one had 73 for a made straight (Playing 73?? come on you deserve to loose). When I saw the hands I wasnt that happy cause the guy with two pair had a couple of my outs, but the turn brought a 4 giving both of us a fullhouse but I manage to scoop the pot with the bigger fullhouse. Yeah baby!!
On monday I'm gonna play some golf to relax, and also I bought my new clubs and equipment, but havent arrived yet. I expect them to arrived next week so I'm happy about that.
First blog post
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment