Thursday, May 6, 2010

I want to become a Strength Coach

I've been reading so much about how to improve my vertical jump and become a better athlete that I kind of like it. My plan is to become a strength coach and personal trainer and use myself as a guinea pig to train and compete in BJJ and tennis at my full potential.

I want to be able to give my kids the best chance possible to be successful in sports if they want to go that way and that is another reason why I like the idea of studying again to pass a test. I can develop a system and maybe eventually train other people or teams. My sister is the head coach of the women swimming team of the University of Puerto Rico and I have enjoyed how they are improving and getting better even if I don't know the girls, is cool to see how my sister is impacting their lives.

I'm enjoying what I'm learning and would love to help my sister in her dream to help my country develop better athletes (There is a lot of ignorance right now here). But first I have to start with myself, If I can accomplish my dunk goals and compete in BJJ and bump up my ranking in tennis then even if I don't have much experience it looks good to be able to make a old man in his thirties perform better than the youngsters.

Anyway today I'm also gonna buy my first two kettle bells. I'm also planning on getting certified and use it as a tool to improve my conditioning and power endurance for everything. On august Steve Cotter is coming to the island and I'm planning to get certified by him which is cool cause he is a well respected Kettle bell expert.

I'm also exited with our new house cause is looking better and better and we are planning on building a really nice gym (at least in my head is really nice) to do all the crazy things I have in mind.

No comments: