I've been reading a lot about training for sports and I've learn that I should concentrate in full body work outs and routines rather than bodybuilding type of work outs. So now I have a new goal in my mind. I'm not tall (5'8 ), but I've always wanted to be able to dunk. Of course I need to jump really high to do that and still have a long way to go, but I've always been pretty decent jumping so if I can gain at least 6 inches in my vertical I'm pretty confident.
I would be incorporating a real plyometrics program(I've been checking a lot of those) and that for sure will help me be more explosive. But most of all I need to increase my leg strength and since I don't have huge weights for squatting (I would need to squat 2-2.5x my body weight), I would do a lot of single leg work outs so that I can get stronger and then after a while I guess I would start going to a gym once or twice a week for my heavy leg work.
So hopefully by august I can achieve my goal and upload a video.
No comments:
Post a Comment