Sunday, September 9, 2007

More Tennis and live poker

This week was the conclusion of the US Open. Of course I watch a ton of the games, specially the Federer/Roddick match, wich I thought it was a very high quality match. Too bad for Roddick that had the bad luck on running into a Federer playing great, not much he could do about it and lost in straight sets. The best thing about it is that I got to watch it on HD in my giant screen. I'm a movie freak, so I have a mini movie theater in my home, with a projector and seven speakers all around including a REL subwoofer. The quality is great so it feels as if you are right in the action. Today was the men's finals and Federer won yet again another Grandslam, this guy keeps making history even when he is not playing that great.

I also got to play 3hours of tennis today and got a nice sunburn, ouch, the sun was extra gravy today, and it had no mercy. Anyhow I got to play three sets and wasnt as tired as I would have thought I would be, maybe playing doubles has something to do with it hehe. I'm planning on playing every week to start getting into shape for next season, also i'm gonna start to swim for more cardio and stamina on court.

On friday We went to the casino and got to play a little tourny. My whole family went there, including my mom, dad, grandmother, brother and his girlfriend, my sister, and my girlfriend. My grandma is kind of hooked with the slot machines and is pretty funny seeing her in the zone playing, but she loves it so is all good. On the tourney I didnt do so well, I tried a big semibluff with a flushdraw against another bigstack and after a while he called with AQ on a Ace high flop, then the turn I was already potcommitted and push and again he went to the tank and called, I didnt hit my flush so I was out. However my brother ended up winning the tournament and my father ended up in the money in fifth place (shame on me).

The hand of the night was when a fish bet on a 98J flop and got raised on the turn on a blank and called and then the other fish push the river (The guy stands up now that he is all in), after a while the first fish called, and the guy standing up says something like "you got me bluffing", and was ready to leave without even turning his cards, but someone told him to show the cards. He turned over AT for a busted draw and ace high, and won when the fish called him with King high. I was like WTF!!! a calling bluff hilarous lol.

No comments: