In august Steve Cotter (Master RKC) is coming to give the first Kettle bell certification in Puerto Rico under the IKFF (International Kettle bell Fitness Federation). I've been reading a lot and really like the variety and versatility that Kettlebell offer. Of course to get certified I have to pass a couple of physical test that are kind of tough. Some of those include KB swings for 7mins, KB cleans for 5min each side, KB snatches for 5min, KB squats..... so that means that I need to train a lot this next month.
I'm also focusing on bodyweight exercises and want to master a couple of the tough bodyweight skills. Originally I wanted to make a room on the new house as a gym with a power rack and barbells/dumbells and all the toys available. But that would take too much space so I can do basically the same thing with a couple of kettlebells and doing bodyweight exercise (Eventually buying a weighted vest will be optimal). Anyway right now I'm training to make one handed pull ups (Those are tough as nails) and do at least 3 pistol squats with over 70 pounds of Kettle bells in my hands(For my dunking power legs).
My wife decided to visit her mom this summer so I will spend my vacations alone and will have plenty of time to train. Maybe I can even go to the beach with a KB and train more while getting some Vitamin D.
First blog post
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment